Saturday, January 24, 2009

Living Out of a Suitcase...

The bohemian life had always been a fantasy - and now I'm living it. First the hostel experience. Life-God-the Cosmos, call it what you will has this strange way of gently breaking me into new experiences. The follow-up of the hostel (my first experience of being away from home was a more settled, organized one) is this nomadic existence I am experiencing in the newest IT city of India - Hyderabad (proud of its newest addition and facet - Cyberabad), has somewhat accomodated me, in my already confused identity of a Punjabi born and brought up in Bengal (read Calcutta/Kolkata).

The two and fro journeys between East Marredpally (see pic) where I have left(read dumped) my stuff with my trusted friend Martin, and Somajiguda (apparently the fourth most expensive locality the city of Nizams boasts of) where I am putting up with friends (some new, one old) is an experience that I know I will remember and cherish in my years of settled life yet to come. [Or will they?]

The point being - in this moment of transit, of doubt, punctuated by moments of self-doubt and questioning, I am experiencing what I had imagined and craved for in my growing years. Am I enjoying it as much as I should? I don't know... Perhaps it's only in retrospect that I'll be able to tell. Or will I have romanticized it so much by then, that it would have subtracted from the mundane reality that it also has to offer?

The cliché to the rescue - Only Time can tell!!

No comments: